The winner for ‘X-Men 80′s Patrick Nagel Designs’ is Heather aka @ZombiEdward! I loved reading everyone’s “If I were a mutant…” response on Twitter, Facebook and the blog post. Thanks to everyone to entered the contest and a HUGE thanks to Mighty Fine for sponsoring this contest.
Check out Mighty Fines on:
Congratulations again Heather/@ZombiEdward! She won because not only did she explain what her mutant power would be, but described her impressive costume too! I know who I’m siding with when the mutant war erupts. Check out her answer:
“I already have my answer for this (thanks to playing table-top super hero games.) I would have the mutant ability to control metal. Not just a Magneto thing, I’d kick more ass that he does. He can only magnetize, I could magnetize, rust, bend, melt, weld. If metal can do, so could I. My super hero name would be MetalSurge and my costume includes a metal spiked covered leather jacket and metal boots and all of the metal in my clothes can then meld together to form a full bodysuit when the mutant fighting begins.”
I bet you thought this post would come with leg warmers and shoulder pads, nope! Just totally gnarly X-Men apparel from Mighty Fine (welovefine.com) from their 80’s Art Fashion Series. These bodacious X-Men babes are inspired by the 1980’s minimalistic illustration style of Patrick Nagel.
The day I discovered welovefine.com was the same day I ordered a Storm Nagel-inspired shirt (and Phoenix for a friend’s birthday gift). The icing on the cake was when I received my package in the mail and not only did I get my shirts but also they threw in some great Mighty Fine swag. It included a big bag with Hello Kitty on one side and Elmo on the other, a Mighty Fine poster with my name on it and some stickers. It was a nice touch to see all that fun stuff in my box which shows how they go the extra mile to make their customers happy. They also keep adding new and fun Nagel-inspired designs check them out here.
Mighty Fine has much more (non-80’s) addictive designs and shirts ranging from My Little Pony to Star Wars. Since I love you and these shirts so much I’m going to give one away to a lucky reader! A huge thanks and shout out to Mighty Fine for sponsoring this contest!
Mighty Fines links:
Contest Rules to WIN a Nagel-Inspired X-Men shirt from Mighty Fine:
– Answer the following question: If you were a mutant, what would your powers be?
- – Subscribe to my blog on the top right hand side of the page or click here
- – Like my Facebook page
- – You can submit your answer THREE different ways (or all of them if you fancy):
- – The comments section of this post
- – Facebook: Post your caption in the comments section of this image
- – Twitter: tweet me @girl_gone_geek your answer using #ifiwereamutant (you can use more than one tweet to respond)
- – Winner will be chosen next on Monday Sept 5th
It’s CONTEST TIME again! And this one is major! Thanks to the awesome people over at BuyStarWarsCostumes.com one lucky winner will win $100 worth of anything they want from their website! I know! I can’t believe it either! The only thing is, this is limited to US residents only.
Buy Star Wars Costumes have anything and everything you cosplaying Star Wars heart desires. From authentic officially licensed costumes, helmets/masks, accessories and more. You will be the best looking Star Wars character galaxy at the next con, Halloween party or just a trip to the supermarket if you fancy.
Caption contest! The best caption to this picture wins!
- Subscribe to my blog on the top right hand side of the page or click here
- Like my Facebook page
- Caption the image above
- You can submit your caption TWO different ways (or all of them if you fancy):
- The comments section of this post
- Facebook: Post your caption in the comments section of the image
- Contest for US residents only
- Winner will be chosen on Monday Aug 8th
- My favorite caption will win the contest!
Girl Gone Geek blog water bottle my friends got me!
Happy Blogiversary to me!
Girl Gone Geek Blog turns 1-year-old today! Which is about 13 in blog years. I can’t believe it’s already been a year… Actually that’s a lie, it totally felt like a year. I started this blog with no intentions other than to blab about all of the brilliant things I am unashamedly obsessed about, they just so happen to dwell in the geek realm. The fact that it continues to grow and the positive feedback you all give me is something I never anticipated, but it thrills me to bits!
The blog is like an extension of myself, albeit the geekiest parts. One of the aspects of my blog that I hope that comes through is how I try to create a sense of connection with my readers and fans. I think my favorite part is geeking out with you all every day whether it’s on Twitter, Facebook or email. The past two years I was going to graduate school full-time (I just graduated with my Master’s), interned at NYLON Magazine, working part-time and all the while trying to squeeze in something that resembles a social life. But blogging never felt like a chore it was something I loved to do and an escape from all the chaos. Well I guess that’s more than enough mushy bloggy talk for one post.
Now to move along to what you all are really here for, free stuff! To thank you all for being so awesome I’m having a giveaway contest with the talented Lesley Karpiuk of Geek Soap and The Pink Toque.
Lesley makes these insanely cool soaps which are not only geeked out but are “individually handmade from all natural and vegan friendly ingredients.” What’s not to love?! She’s made such exclusives like “Game Cartridge soap, D20 Soap on a Rope, and almost all of the soap themes [she’s] used such as [Doctor Who] and Cthulhu.” These soaps didn’t exist before her, and we are forever grateful. She also knits Cthulhu themed goodies as well which you can find on The Pink Toque.
Thanks to Lesley, Girl Gone Geek is having not one but three winners! The soaps being given away are the “Clean of Kong” which are the barrels from the Donkey Kong video game, the NES “8-Bit Game Cartridge” and the “Soapstone” aka Hearthstone from World of Warcraft.
HOW TO WIN:
- The 3 winners will be chosen on Friday, June 3rd, I will pick the three winners that have the best answers to the question below
- Answer the Contest Question below in the comments section of this post
- Question: How would you use one of the geek soaps if you won?
- Example: I would use the Donkey Kong soap to… *insert something witty here*.
- Subscribe to this blog (right hand side of the page)
- Like my Facebook Page (if you have one)
- Follow me on Twitter @mschicgeek (if you have one)
- Like The Pink Toque Facebook Page (if you have one)
- Follow @GeekSoap on Twitter (if you have one)
- *Please include your Twitter name and your name as it appears on Facebook (if you don’t want the public to see this, email it to me at girlgonegeekblog-at-gmail-dot-com)
- *If I do no hear back from a winner by June 6th I will choose another winner
This past Sunday was my 200th post here on Girl Gone Geek Blog and I decided to celebrate by having a giveaway. I will be giving away a Kodama decal, all you have to do is go here and tell me what your favorite Miyazaki film is and why, that’s it! I will be chosing the winner Sunday, November 14th. Tell your friends!
Staying in the Miyazaki moment, (because honestly how could you not the man is a genius!) this weeks Tattoo Tuesday theme is Miyazaki movies! A majority of the tattoos I found were Princess Mononoke, which is my favorite. If you are wondering where Totoro is don’t fret! I previously did a Totoro Tattoo Tuesday which you can see here.
I <3 Hayao Miyazaki. Watching his anime films tickle my soul.
If you are interested in having me feature your geeky tattoo on a future Tattoo Tuesday feel free to email me at girlgonegeekblog[at]gmail.com.
***click on the images for their source links***
Okami and Forest Spirit
Forest Spirit from Princess Mononoke
San from Princess Mononoke
Continue reading →