I literally camped out in the IGN Theater for hours just so I was guaranteed to see The Walking Dead panel and The Avengers panel! #dedication
The panel was hosted by Chris Hardwick from The Nerdist Podcast. The panelist were Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige, Chris Evans (Captain America), Tom Hiddleston (Loki), Mark Ruffalo (The Hulk), Clark Gregg (Agent Coulson) and Colby Smulders (Maria Hill). WOW!
They showed us an exclusive clip of how Bruce Banner/Hulk gets recruited to the Avengers by Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow. I was thrilled we got to see a clip like that because I feel like NYCC doesn’t get that much exclusive news or clips because it’s always one of the last cons of the year.
The panel was pretty much a Tom Hiddleston/Loki panel. Loki fangirls must have occupied about 75% of the theater. And I must admit, by the end of the panel I started to become a Loki Lover too (How could you not?!).
Highlights from the Panel and Q&A:
- – Kevin Feige said that Joss Whedon is “in a dark editing room” and it was “Whedon’s movie”
- – They all agreed Tom had the hardest costume to get in and out of.
- – Hiddleston: “I can’t say I ever got a day in Jeans and a t-shirt. It was all leather and metal…that’s how girls like in Asgard.”
- – Gregg joked with us that Agent Coulson is revealed as a Romulan princess in Avengers. JK JK!
- – Chris Hardwick said that the Hulk as a ‘raging erection’ while Banner is more timid, Ruffalo liked the raging erection description
- Ruffalo said that, “This Generation’s Hamlet, we’ll all get a chance to play the part.”
- – Gregg then is practically forced by the audience to sing an Avengers theme song he made up backstage with lines like ‘We are a dysfunctional family’ and ‘muscles so bulky, we have a Hulky.’
- – Hiddleston really loves playing Loki and read a lot of Loki mythology and of course comics. He said he’d love to see the scene of Loki turning cars in Manhattan into ice cream.
- – They will keep the tradition of short video teasers after the credits with The Avengers.
- – Of course they plan on making Avengers a franchise
- – Iron Man 3 is in pre-production
- – When forced to answer which superhero Chris Evans liked playing more either Captain America or Human Torch he chose Captain America (of course)
- – Gregg lets us in on funny story about the best text message he has ever received. When they were all together, he got a text from Evans that just said “Assemble.” He said they went to a bar and everyone was dancing and he looked over and saw Evans and Chris Hemsworth (Thor) talking about how they got their muscles to look so good!
- – Watch the panel here at MovieWeb