Happy Blogiversary to me!
Girl Gone Geek Blog turns 1-year-old today! Which is about 13 in blog years. I can’t believe it’s already been a year… Actually that’s a lie, it totally felt like a year. I started this blog with no intentions other than to blab about all of the brilliant things I am unashamedly obsessed about, they just so happen to dwell in the geek realm. The fact that it continues to grow and the positive feedback you all give me is something I never anticipated, but it thrills me to bits!
The blog is like an extension of myself, albeit the geekiest parts. One of the aspects of my blog that I hope that comes through is how I try to create a sense of connection with my readers and fans. I think my favorite part is geeking out with you all every day whether it’s on Twitter, Facebook or email. The past two years I was going to graduate school full-time (I just graduated with my Master’s), interned at NYLON Magazine, working part-time and all the while trying to squeeze in something that resembles a social life. But blogging never felt like a chore it was something I loved to do and an escape from all the chaos. Well I guess that’s more than enough mushy bloggy talk for one post.
Now to move along to what you all are really here for, free stuff! To thank you all for being so awesome I’m having a giveaway contest with the talented Lesley Karpiuk of Geek Soap and The Pink Toque.
Lesley makes these insanely cool soaps which are not only geeked out but are “individually handmade from all natural and vegan friendly ingredients.” What’s not to love?! She’s made such exclusives like “Game Cartridge soap, D20 Soap on a Rope, and almost all of the soap themes [she’s] used such as [Doctor Who] and Cthulhu.” These soaps didn’t exist before her, and we are forever grateful. She also knits Cthulhu themed goodies as well which you can find on The Pink Toque.
Thanks to Lesley, Girl Gone Geek is having not one but three winners! The soaps being given away are the “Clean of Kong” which are the barrels from the Donkey Kong video game, the NES “8-Bit Game Cartridge” and the “Soapstone” aka Hearthstone from World of Warcraft.
HOW TO WIN:
- The 3 winners will be chosen on Friday, June 3rd, I will pick the three winners that have the best answers to the question below
- Answer the Contest Question below in the comments section of this post
- Question: How would you use one of the geek soaps if you won?
- Example: I would use the Donkey Kong soap to… *insert something witty here*.
- Subscribe to this blog (right hand side of the page)
- Like my Facebook Page (if you have one)
- Follow me on Twitter @mschicgeek (if you have one)
- Like The Pink Toque Facebook Page (if you have one)
- Follow @GeekSoap on Twitter (if you have one)
- *Please include your Twitter name and your name as it appears on Facebook (if you don’t want the public to see this, email it to me at girlgonegeekblog-at-gmail-dot-com)
- *If I do no hear back from a winner by June 6th I will choose another winner