This is the 200th post on Girl Gone Geek Blog!
If you are wondering why I’m “celebrating” post 200 and not post 100 it’s because I blogged right on by post 100 without noticing, typical me! I started Girl Gone Geek Blog (GGGB) May 27th of this year. What began as a hobby to share my little obsessions with the citizens of The Interwebs has turned into so much more than I had imagined!
While searching for awesome geekery to blog about I discovered so many amazing blogs, websites which you should also check out, most of my favorites are on my Blog Roll on the left of the site. Despite how cliché it sounds, the best part of GGGB was getting the chance to “meet” all of you who read my blog on a regular and send me such positive responses on here. And how could I forget all of my wonderful geeky/gamer/otakus/fangirl/fanboy twitter friends!
Here’s a few of my favorite posts thus far (it may seem like a lot but it’s out of 200!):
- Cyborgs Exist and Humanity is Doomed
- Nerdy Nails
- 10 Reasons to Watch True Blood
- Pretty much all of Tattoo Tuesday
- The Entire Zombie Week
- Novel-T’s (I have Poe with the Raven)
- Inception Film Review
- Scott Pilgrim Movie Review
- Cute Handmade Cthulhu’s (and the H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast is great!)
- Fangirl Corsets (and these Star Wars Bathing Suits)
- Pixels short film
- Galactic State of Mind
- Run This Raid
- God of War Indie Movie Trailer
- Star Wars Takes the Subway
- F*ck me Ray Bradbury
- Crayon Art
- Unique Superhero Art
- Minimalism Gone Geek
- Disney Princesses Zombified
- The Vader Project
- Pinup Video Game Girls
- The Internet Bible- The First Fail
- The Blue Shell
- Classic Gaming vs. Modern Gaming
- Hipster Superheroes and Hipster Pokemon
- Comic Book University and Video Game University
- Mario Caught Cheating with Companion Cube
Want more of this geek girl in your life? Well of course you do!
- Tweet me at @girl_gone_geek
- “Like” the Facebook fanpage
- Subscribe to this blog (on the right side of the blog underneath the Facebook page widget)
While I was at New York Comic Con and New York Anime Festival I stopped by the Realms Anime booth which sold some great geeky decals. I got a TARDIS decal and a Kodama decal. The TARDIS is too epic to part with, BUT the Kodama can be yours!
I try to represent a good range of geek represented on my Macbook Pro with gaming, anime and science fiction. There’s Yoshi and Ryuk from Death Note fighting for the Mac Apple, and you know they love apples! The newest edition, the TARDIS (which you have to pronounce in your best British accent which is also your worst) *enter sound of the Universe here*. The TARDIS not only represents sci-fi but David Tennant as well :). Now all I need is something comic book related… Well Christmas is coming up *hint hint friends and family*.
The TARDIS is from Realms Anime and my other decals from Etsy. The Yoshi you can find here and my Ryuk decal was made by Promethean Decal on Etsy which doesn’t seem to exist anymore, nor can I find any others online. If you see any Ryuk decals online please let me know. Also if you don’t win and want a Kodama or Miyazaki themed decal check this out.
Kodama Decal Giveaway!
Everyone likes free stuff and everyone likes Myazaki so I decided to bring those two together just for you. A Kodama (木魂) is a tree spirit from Japanese folklore which is believed to live in certain trees. You probably know them best from Princess Mononoke.
The Kodama decal is approximately 6×3 inches wide. The decal will stick anywhere that is flat and smooth; such as Macbooks, laptops, doors, bathroom tile, windows, X-Box and Playstation cases, car windows and even dashboards, computer cases. Etc.. I will include directions in the mail on how to apply the decal as well.
How to win:
- In the comment section of this post, write what your favorite Hayao Miyazaki anime is and why. That’s it!
- The winner will be chosen on Sunday, November 14th. I will use Randomizer.org to pick the winner.
- The winner will be notified via email (which I have access to once you post your comment).
- If I do not hear back from the winner by November 17th I will choose someone else using Randomizer.
- Make sure to tell your friends about the giveaway and Good Luck!