One of my favorite guilty pleasures (sans the guilt) is Rocky Horror Picture Show. I have the songs on my iPod, watched the movie too many times to count, been to the live reenactment/showing in NYC twice and daydream on having a RHPS themed party some day. I should probably follow Dr. Frank-N-Furters advice and “don’t dream it, be it.”
Well my dearest Transylvanians it’s been 35 years since it debuted, bombed in all the theaters except for LA, only to be gloriously resurrected in all its transsexual naughtiness by its dedicated cult a year later. Well to celebrate 35 years of fabulous madness they have released a special 35th Anniversary Blu-Ray DVD (details below).
It’s still in limited release 35 years after its premiere, it has the longest-running theatrical release in film history. You should check out a showing in your area (by going here), they are a blast. Also feel free to dress up in RHPS get-up, whether that includes garter belts or golden speedos because everyone else is.
* Restored Picture – Brand New 4K/2K Master From The Original Camera Negatives
* The Midnight Experience: The Late Night, Double Feature, Picture-in-Picture Show, Vintage Callback Track (Unrated), Prop Box, Trivia Track
* BD-LIVE: Live Lookup, Powered by IMDb
* Rocky-oke: Sing It!
* Don’t Dream It, Be It:The Search for the 35th Anniversary Shadowcast,Part I
* An-tic-i-pation: The Search for the 35th Anniversary Shadowcast, Part II
* Mick Rock (A Photographer)
* Mick Rock’s Picture Show (A Gallery)
* Pressbook and Poster Gallery
I see you shiver with antici…